As a personal trainer, and a hippie at heart, I want a natural deodorant that legit works. Unfortunately none of them do. :( Which is why I make my own, and this shit is magical:
- 1 part coconut oil (antibacterial, antimicrobial)
- 1 part baking soda (antibacterial, neutralizes odors)
- 1 part arrowroot powder (absorbs moisture - I know it sounds like a hard-to-get ingredient but I just get it from Amazon)
- several drops tea tree oil (hella antibacterial and antimicrobial)
- several drops each of rose, jasmine, and lavender essential oils (I'll also add a couple drops each of sweet orange oil and peppermint oil, just for fun)
Mix everything together in a bowl until it feels like play-doh. Feel free to add more of the aromatic oils until it smells good to you.
What I love about this is that it lasts All. Freaking. Day. I put it on (I like to apply it immediately after showering) and workout, train clients, live my life, go out after work, etc. and it keeps me smelling great the entire day. In fact, sweating seems to "activate it" so sometimes when I'm working out I actually get a whiff of a nice perfume and then remember "OH! That's me!" :D
Since I've started using this, I've gotten so many compliments on my "nice perfume"!
And if I feel like being extra smell-good-y, I'll put a drop each of jasmine and rose oil on my wrists and neck. Better (and cheaper) than any perfume.