Show Me Where Ya Noms At
(if you haven't yet seen this iconic food-lovin' video yet, ya welcome)
These are the healthy noms I've been into lately:
Pink Power Smoothie:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup spinach (or kale)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I personally like the Orgain brand Meal powder 'cuz it's chock full of All Teh Nutrients but also tastes yummy)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional - it adds a nutty taste)
- 1/2 packet frozen dragonfruit (optional - it intensifies the pink color)
It legit tastes like a strawberry milkshake, thick and creamy with the yogurt and peanut butter. On extra busy days, I make a double batch: half for breakfast, half for a snack later...
"Fuck-Ton of Nutrients" Salad:
(makes about 6-8 servings, so it lasts me several days)
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1/2 bunch chard
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 beet
- 1 apple
- 4 strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries - 2 handfuls red grapes
- juice of 1 lemon
That's the original recipe, and each time I make it a little different... more greens or more fruit depending on my mood, adding in seasonal produce, etc...
This salad is actually a variation of the smoothie Mike Dolce had Ronda Rousey drink twice a day. I read the ingredient list and knew my $30 blender couldn't handle it all so I just chopped everything up in a bowl instead. And it's the bomb dot com. Like it's the salad that doesn't last long at potlucks because it's that fucking good. And the little bit of lemon juice helps it stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
For a full meal I throw some on a plate with a lean protein (chicken, salmon, beans, etc) and a nice balsamic vinaigrette. That right there is some good shit.